Convert an Offline File (.ost) to a Personal File (.pst)
Oftentimes, Microsoft Outlook users who are leaving their current employer want to take their mail, calendar, or contacts with them and do one of two things - delete the Microsoft Exchange account from their profile without realizing the Contacts are stored in the Exchange account or they take the OST file with them, not realizing it can only be opened using the account that created it.
If you no longer have access to the computer that was used to create the OST or you don't have a restore point, you'll need to use a tool to recover the contents of the OST. A list of these tools is below. Note that OST2PST is free but will only work with OST files created by Outlook 2002 and older. If you aren't sure what version of Outlook you used, try it; an error means the OST is not the correct type.
Uniqueness that adds Quality
- Use Best OST Recovery and 100% Guaranteed OST to PST Conversion Result
- Efficiently Recovery of OST mailbox, emails, calendar, contacts, notes, tasks, attachments, photo etc.
- Support to Extract OST data with meta-data such as: To, Cc, Bcc, From, Attachments, Data, Time and Subject etc.
- Efficiently Restore Exchange OST mailbox email of file format such as RTF, HTML and Plain Text etc.
- Always successfully Convert OST to PST Outlook data file format without facing any error.
- Software supports all version of MS Exchange 5.0, 5.5, 2013, 2010, 2007 and MS Outlook version 2013/2010/2007/2003/2000
Features of OST to PST conversion software:
- Read and convert Microsoft Outlook 97/98/2000/XP/2003 ANSI .OST files
- Open and transform MS Outlook 2007/2010/2013 UNICODE .OST files
- Converting password-protected files
- Conversion of encrypted OST files
- Conversion of damaged .OST files
- Possibility to split the output PST file into several volumes of a user-defined size
- Possibility to save items as .MSG/.VCF/.EML/.TXT files on the hard drive
- Microsoft Exchange Server not need for opening any *.ost file
- Microsoft Domain Controller not need for reading any *.ost file
If not, getting rid of the .OST file will not solve the problem.
How do you disable cached mode?
Well, here's a link:
Upon the completion, you can see the output folder with the converted file.
After trying the free editions of several competitive email-migration tools, I finally purchased Kernel for OST to PST. It is an unrivaled piece of software for its potency, ease and performance to migrate any size OST file to Outlook PST within minutes. Even not being a technician, I find zero difficulty in converting and saving file to the desired location using the multitudes of formats compatibility. This tool is commendable for its myriads of cutting-edge migration features enfolded in a single utility.
Method 3: Move the items to a new PST
Create a new PST in your profile and drag the folders you want to take with you to the PST. This method will preserve custom views and forms published to folder.
- Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 or Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 and above.
- Microsoft Outlook 2000/2002/2003/2007/2010/2013 and above (exclude: Outlook from Office 365, Outlook for iOS, Outlook for MacOS).
- Microsoft Outlook 98-2013 must be installed on the userâs computer at the time of conversion.